Every digital marketing agency knows that using Facebook ads needs to go hand in hand with Facebook Pixel. This is the key to successfully making the best out of your ad budget by advertising specifically to your target market. Here is our digital marketing company guide on how it really works.
What is Facebook pixel?
As a digital marketing company, we know that when it comes to marketing, the more you know about your target customer, the more likely you are to reach them with the correct offer at the perfect time. This is why a digital marketing agency will start a Facebook campaign by installing Facebook pixel.
So the way Facebook describes Pixel is as an analytics tool that allows a digital marketing agency to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding the actions people take on your website. Data from pixel can be used to:
- Make sure that your ads are being shown to the right people
- Build advertising audience
- Unlock additional Facebook advertising tools
The more technical explanation of it from a digital marketing agency London would be that Pixel is a code you place on your website which works by placing and triggering cookies to track users as they interact with your website and your Facebook ads. The data it collects helps a digital marketing agency to track conversations from Facebook ads, optimize ads, build targeted audiences for future ads, and remarket to people who have already taken some kind of action on your website.
What does Facebook pixel allow you to do?
For the many features of Facebook pixel our digital marketing agency will highlight some of the most effective ones:
- Event tracking: Facebook pixel allows a digital marketing company to create specific events that occur on your website such as purchase, add payment info, add to cart, complete registration, subscribe, you name it. There are 17 standard events in total and the opportunity to create your own.
- Create custom audiences: the example above can be used by a digital marketing agency to create an effective automated ad sequence off the back of a custom audience using the collected data. However, there are plenty of other options for custom audience building.
- Conversation optimization: The pixel tracks data from people who complete purchases on your website and shows ads to similar people who it believes will also complete a purchase.
- Retargeting: as a digital marketing agency we recommend you to install pixel because it allows you to show relevant ads to people who have visited your website.
- Create lookalike audiences: A digital marketing agency may have already built audiences with people who have similar interests, demographics and preferences. A Facebook pixel automatically creates custom audiences, this means you can instantly create large new lookalike audiences of people who are similar to those who have taken a specific desired action on your page.
The best advice a digital marketing agency can give you is to install Facebook pixel on your website as soon as possible because it is definitely not a process you can afford to miss. This is your best chance to optimize ads, retarget and build countless profitable audiences.